Break beats for nervous break downs.
Laura Palmer, died 23 February 1989
If you’re walking the Peter Weller-less path, this is the only way to go.
Speaking of hopping vampires, I still need to watch Crazy Safari, aka The Gods Must Be Crazy 3.
Everything is Terrible showed this at their live show a few nights ago, and it was definitely one of the highlights- A supremely cheesy and awkward 90s wedding video, re-edited into an intense montage set to the fantastic TV On The Radio song “I was a lover.” Someone just basically retroactively got the best wedding video of all time made.
TV On The Radio - I Was A Lover (by VALIANT EFFORT)
I’ve been looking for this clip forever. I caught it before the Everything is Terrible holiday show at the Corktown Cinema (RIP???) last year… or was that two years ago now?
This is our new video for Skateworld ‘83, off the forthcoming Height With Friends Versus Electric Rockers! Justin Barnes directed it, and Josh Emmitt took these behind the scenes pics. Click this picture to get the scoop.
Snatcher - Hideo Kojima
1) What is your favorite artificial flavor?
“Watermelon” Kool-Aid used to be my favorite. I’m not sure what they were going for, but it definitely didn’t taste like watermelon. I don’t mess with burgers but I’d huff that smokeyish flavor that Burger King uses on their hoof and mouth patties.
2) If you could go anywhere right now, where would it be?
3) Favorite band?
Oh man, favorite band? Even narrowing out the “groups” and “units,” that’s still pretty tough. I’ll just cheat and say The Band of the Hand.
4) Introverted or Extroverted?
I’m on some sort of uncomfortable middle ground.
5) Describe a tough part of 2013 that you fought through?
2012 was a weird mess, but 2013 actually went pretty smoothly. I guess there were a couple complacency-rattling moments of bad stuff happening to friends, but that was about it.
6) What trait do you find sexiest on a person you are attracted to?
A sense of humor; exciting, exotic, or cool interests and hobbies; a rad haircut; and a surplus of orgone energy.
7) Do you have any tattoos?
No, I’m way too indecisive.
8) Sweet or Salty?
I generally taste salty.
9) Dream job?
Getting paid even more to play around with even older artifacts than I do now would be nice, but so would being one of those professional Lego kit designers.
10) Will you go to Heaven or Hell when you die?
11) Who pissed on my rug?
I swear it wasn’t me. I did poop on your porch though…
Oh, and now I have to ask 11 questions. I’m not going to tag anyone, but feel free to voluntarily take these up:
1. What game show would you want to be a contestant on?
2. What are the toppings on The Pizza Of Your Dreams?
3. What are you doing tomorrow?
4. What’s your favorite article of clothing?
5. Given access to a time machine and reservations for a double date at a classy restaurant, who would you take as your date, and what other couple would you invite?
6. Continuing with the scenario in question 5, would you pick up the bill with your own hard-earned cash or with money made by betting on past sporting events like Biff in Back to the Future 2?
7. Smurfs or Snorks?
8. Recommend a song to listen to.
9. Recommend a song to listen to backwards.
10. If you got a curate a double feature at a movie theater, what would you pick?
11. Describe yourself in three adjectives, a radio procedure word, and an onomatopoeia.
MACHO MAN LIVES
While Dracula capes were a standard fixture on the New Dance Show, this is the first time I’ve seen someone rock a gigantic flasher coat. This dude is my new hero.
EDIT: Aww, tumblr won’t let me pick where I want the video to start anymore! The guy in question is at 2:45, but you should probably watch the entire thing.
"Batman rose to prominence through his involvement in the systematic subjugation of the local aboriginal population."
"In December 1825, or early 1826, Batman captured the notorious bushranger called Matthew Brady, resulting in an additional grant of land by the government. Brady had been wounded in the leg in a conflict with the authorities, but got away safely. Batman went out unarmed on his own in search of Brady, and found him quite accidentally. He saw a man limping in the bush near a shallow creek, and hastened forward to him. It was Brady. He induced Brady to surrender and return with him. The outlaw was ill and suffering much pain, and did as he was asked. Brady was duly sentenced to death."
"The 19th century artist, John Glover, captioned one of his Tasmanian paintings Batman’s Lookout, Benn Lomond (1835) "…on account of Mr Batman frequenting this spot to entrap the Natives."
"When he found the current site of central Melbourne, he noted in his diary of 8 June 1835, "This will be the place for a village" and declared the land "Batmania."
"Batman was diagnosed with syphilis in 1833."